Saturday, February 7, 2009

11 Months Old!


Hey there, it's me Jack, and I turned 11 months old yesterday. As you can see in the picture above, I'm still the "toothless wonder." Personally I think teeth are overrated. My gums are so strong I can chew pretty much anything.

I decided to start crawling a few weeks ago. At first I was a little nervous about going very far, but now I crawl all over the place. I really like to explore and play with all the cool things around the house. Some of my favorite things to play with are Louie's food and toys, the closet doors, and the shiny equipment on the TV shelves. For some reason, Mom and Dad are starting to make this "No" sound a lot lately.


That's a picture of me relaxing in the morning while I hold my own bottle. I've got to build up my arm muscles so I can impress the babes down in Florida when we go on our trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa Nold in a few days. I think they'll find my buff bod and blinding white skin pretty appealing.


Mom took that picture of me the other night when we were eating dinner. Sometimes I don't eat a whole lot, but I'm gradually getting more excited about eating regular foods. Bananas and Cheerios are still my favorites, but right now I'm also a pretty big fan of blueberries, strawberries, and pasta.

The weather here has been crazy. Last week it was really cold, but out of the blue, yesterday it was almost 60 degrees. Mom, Dad, Louie, and I went for a long walk outside. It's been cold for so long I can't even remember the last time we all did that. I had a great time, and I was laughing and singing the whole time we were on our walk.


This is Erin, and I just wanted rant a little about some new "decorations" that have popped up in the neighborhood over the past couple days. Most of the snow has melted, and all over the grass and some of the sidewalks is dog poop. Apparently some people think that when their dogs poop in the snow, it will magically disappear so they don't need to clean the poop up. Yesterday when we went on our walk, we had a great time, but I was constantly on alert as we tried to navigate through the minefield of freshly thawed dog turds. Come on, dog owners of Chicago! Don't be lazy when it's cold and snowy outside. Take 10 seconds to pick up the poop.

No comments: