Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Surprise visit


The reason I haven't posted in a while is because Jack and I were out of town this weekend. We flew to Georgia and surprised my stepmom for her birthday! Needless to say, she was shocked to see us walk through the door on Friday. We were able to stay through Monday, so we had a nice long weekend and got to see relatives and friends Jack hadn't met before. We also celebrated a lot of birthdays--my brother Stephen's on Saturday, my mom's today, and Aunt Anna's which is Thursday. Here are some pictures of Jack with his Grandma.


Here's a picture with Lindsey, a friend of mine from high school who was a bridesmaid in our wedding. Her daughter Amelia, in the picture below, was born exactly 5 months before Jack (note there isn't much size difference between them though!). We had a great time at the pool on Sunday with Lindsey, Amelia, and Lindsey's husband Cliff.
Here's Jack with his cousin Devon, who he didn't get to meet last time we went to Georgia.
Aunt Anna and Jack. He passed out a couple minutes after this picture was taken.
Jack with Uncle Stephen
Jack with Uncle John
We were very happy that Jack's Aunt Deane was able to come out for a visit. Here's a cute picture of the two of them together.
Jack with Grandpa
Jack was a terrific traveler. He didn't cry at all on either plane ride or hour-long trips to and from the airport with just me in the car. He was especially happy on the first plane ride, and spent the last half hour of the trip entertaining our fellow passengers by singing and squealing. I was worried about him pooping on the plane like he did last time. He cooperated and didn't poop on the flight to Atlanta, but on the flight back to Chicago yesterday he let me have it. With about 40 minutes left to the flight, he had such an explosive poop that the back of his outfit was instantly soaked, and so was part of my shirt. To my great irritation, we were not allowed to get up and go to the bathroom because of "possible turbulence" (I never felt a single bump). One flight attendant felt sorry for me and said I could change him on the seat next to me. God bless her, I knew she was trying to help, but I could tell she didn't have kids when I told her I couldn't change him there because I had no water, and she said "what kind of water do you need?" I wonder if I had told her Jack's butt could only be exposed to bottled Evian water if she would have gotten it for me. Anyway, I explained to her that he was going to create such a mess that I couldn't change him without running water and soap. So we had to wait until the plane landed and then I changed him in the airport bathroom. I was afraid sitting in his poop for so long would really irritate him, but his skin doesn't look too bad today, so it all worked out in the end.

Happy Birthday again to Doo, Stephen, and Anna! We had a great time!

No comments: