It rained a lot last week, but one of the nice side effects of the rain was that temperatures outside warmed up. On Wednesday after work, we took advantage of the nice weather and made a trip across the street to the playground.
We weren't the only ones with that idea! I think every child from within a 2-mile radius was at the playground that day. Chicagoans are definitely ready for spring!
The playground was so crowded that it was hard to use some of the equipment, but fortunately some of the baby swings were open. Jack had a blast!
Earlier that day, I had taken Jack for his 2-year checkup at the doctor. He weighs 24 pounds and is 33 inches long. That puts him on the growth chart between the 10th and 25th percentiles for both BMI and height. I was pleasantly surprised--I had expected him to be under the 10th percentile, at least for height.
Jack was quite a trooper at the doctor's office. He had his blood drawn and didn't even cry until after it was over and they were putting the band-aid on his arm. He also stepped right up onto the scale and stayed still when the nurse took his measurements. I was expecting the opposite, after my experiences at work weighing 2-year olds!
The doctor did refer us to get Jack checked out by a speech therapist, just to see if he has any true delays. We have that appointment this Friday, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment