Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lake weekend


We just got back from the lake house about an hour ago. Jack was pooped from a full day of playing, so he went to sleep as quickly as we could get him changed, bathed, and in the bed. Jack had also literally pooped--apparently we're starting a new tradition in our travels. On both return trips from the lake the past couple weekends, Jack has entered dumping mode right after we've entered the city of Chicago. And they've been impressive dumps both times. It's such a treat to have that to look forward to when we're trying to get home and unload the car.

It was pretty hot on Saturday, so Jack spent the afternoon in just a t-shirt and diaper. He loves to play with the magnets on the fridge (at home he doesn't get to do this because magnets don't stick to our stainless steel fridge). He's only got 4 magnets to play with...looks like I need to get some more.


He was also drawn to the sunny areas on the porch. That little car continues to be one of his favorite toys.


Not to be outdone, Lou sneaked out the back door and also found a nice sun spot to curl up in (he's on the walkway by the garage).


On Saturday, Jack showed more interest in the water than he had previously, so this morning I blew up this floaty water toy for him to try out. He was a little hesitant at first, but after a while he really got into it.



Lou was so worn out that he passed out on the deck, still wearing his life jacket.


Finally, here's a couple videos of Jack. I took the first one right after he got in the water. The second one was taken later, so you can see how much more fun he was having. Jack also shows off his newly developed ear-piercing squeal. He mainly does it when he gets excited, but sometimes he'll squeal just to hear himself make noise. It was a little embarrassing when he kept doing it in the grocery store on Saturday.


1 comment:

Written by A-n-A's Mom said...

Oh, I love that squeal! If I heard that in the grocery store, I'd smile! :)