We spent a fun 4-5 hours in the ER with Jack yesterday. Don't worry, he wasn't injured. He'd been sick for a few days, and when I called his doctor's office they weren't sure if they were going to have any openings that day, so we were instructed to go to the ER.
Poor baby. Have you ever seen anything so pitiful?
He had a fever that would get up to 104 at times, but other than just feeling tired and crummy, he didn't have any other symptoms. At the ER, they drew blood, checked his urine (yes, I actually succeeded in getting him to pee in a cup!), and even took a chest X-ray. Nothing bacterial was found, so he was diagnosed with viral syndrome; i.e., they have no idea what's wrong with him other than it being a virus.
He made it through today without running much of a temperature, and his appetite was better. So knock on wood, hopefully he's on the road to recovery. He was also very proud of himself for being such a brave boy at the hospital.
Charlotte didn't mind that her brother was sick. It was much easier to have the toys all to herself when Jack wasn't interested in doing more than laying around on the couch! She also tried to help me out with some household chores like folding laundry.
It's a little-known secret that socks fold much better if soaked in baby spit first.

3 comments:
Dear Jack, We hope you're feeling much better now! Charlotte, keep up the good work! Love to all, Grammy and Grampy Jarvis
Hahaha...I'm laughing at Charlotte!
I hope Jack feels better soon. My Jack has been pretty sick since we returned from vacation last week. I really bad cough and a fever. He took a nap after school yesterday, he NEVER does that, plus went to bed at 8 and slept until 7:30 when I woke him up this am. I hope Jack feels better.
Hope Jack is feeling better soon! Give him a get well hug from the Johnston family!
Post a Comment