Saturday, April 23, 2011

7 Months Old


Hey there, it's me Charlotte. I'm 7 months old today! It's been an exciting month for me--I took my first airplane ride, vacationed in Florida, got my first tooth, started eating food, and also just started babbling a couple days ago.

As you can see from the picture above, I've gotten really good at sitting up by myself. (I don't know if you can see it, but I've actually got the tip of my tongue sticking out of my mouth in that picture.) I love to sit and play with an assortment of toys--especially if mom will give me an old magazine that I can crumple and tear up. Sometimes I can sneak a taste of the pages too.

Mom was trying to get a picture of my tooth when she took this picture, but as usual I did not cooperate. At least I gave her a little smile so the picture was still cute.

My tooth is on the bottom right side of my mouth. I like to feel it with my tongue and mouth, so I make bulldog faces sometimes where I'm sticking my lower jaw out.

I can sit up for a long time, but sometimes I still get too wiggly and topple over.

I enjoy being on my tummy, but only for short periods of time. I get frustrated because I try to move and crawl, but I just end up thrashing my limbs around and nothing really happens. Mom says the large amount of "junk in my trunk" seems to be holding me in place.

Tummy time is hard work.


Mom hasn't been able to capture it on video yet, but I've started making "ya-ya" and "da-da" sounds recently. Maybe I'll cooperate soon let her record me.

Another exciting development is that my reflux has improved. It hasn't totally gone away--I still throw out a few pukes every now and then just to keep everyone on their toes, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as it used to. Did you notice in the pictures that I don't even have a bib on?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charlotte, can't wait to see you in person!

-Grampy Jarvis

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your "bulldawg" faces! I'm sure you picked that up from your Mama.

Grandmama Fields

The Johnston Family said...

Sounds like you guys are doing well and having lots of fun! Such cute photos of Charlotte. She gets cuter with every blog post! The bounce house pics of Jack from Florida are adorable too...he really seemed to have a blast!