Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Talking up a storm


We took the kids to a Christmas party last weekend, and they got to see Santa. Miracle of all miracles, we actually got a picture without either one of them crying. Jack looks a little freaked out, but at least there are no tears :)

Last week Jack passed his final speech evaluation and is officially no longer delayed! He's made great progress from what was diagnosed as a 52% delay back in June. He's actually progressed the most in just the last couple months, and it's just been wonderful hearing his sweet little voice and seeing how smart he is.

I've been trying to record Jack talking, but he always clams up when I get out the video camera. I managed to coax a few words out of him this morning, but our conversation doesn't do justice in showing his ability. He's regularly speaking in 3-5 word sentences.


Charlotte is taking cues from her big brother on talking (and on being quiet when I get out the camera). I was at least able to capture a few coos and smiles here:

2 comments:

Grammy and Grampy Jarvis said...

Wow, Jack - so many new words!!! And Miss Charlotte, you certainly know who's talking to you! Merry Christmas to all! Love, Grammy and Grampy Jarvis

Mama B said...

I LOVE the picture of them on Santa!! They are so cute:-) Merry Christmas to you all!