Wednesday, January 7, 2009

10 Months Old!


Hey there, it's me Jack. I'm 10 months old today. Mom took some pictures to show how funny my hair can look sometimes. I have some long hair over my ears that Dad twists out so I look like Pippi Longstocking, whoever that is.



Mom tried real hard the other night to get my hair to lay flat, but it just wouldn't. She finally gave up and just took these pictures instead. Personally, I don't mind if my hair looks weird--I'm just glad that I actually have some hair now.



Let's see, what cool things can I tell you about now that I'm 10 months old? Everyone always asks if I'm crawling yet, and I'm not. But I can move around pretty good; I sit up from laying down, and I can scoot backwards all the way across the living room floor. Sometimes Mom says I look like an inchworm.

I think I've decided that I'll just skip crawling--it's so lame and predictable anyway. Anyone can crawl. What I can do requires some serious skills. I'm sure you'd be very impressed with the way I can get where I want to go with my complex routine of sitting up, turning, reaching forward, going back on my stomach, scooting around on my belly a little, and then maybe sitting up again. If there's a toy, or especially Louie's tail, within my sight I will find a way to get to it.

I also like to throw a little yoga into the mix. Hey, with my hectic life I've got to make time to connect with my inner self. I do a sweet downward dog pose--my hands and feet are on the ground, and my butt is poked up way high in the air.

I'm also learning that I like food more and more. I've even decided that mashed potatoes aren't disgusting. I'm way over baby food, so now what I like is regular food like Mom and Dad eat. Tonight I had some mac and cheese, corn, and sweet potatoes. Then they even let me have my favorite--popsicle! I don't get to eat popsicles all the time, but Mom said tonight I could because my lip was a little puffy from when I slipped and banged my mouth on the floor when we were playing.

I also don't have any teeth yet, but I'm pretty sure they're coming soon. Maybe next month I'll finally be able to give you a smile with some teeth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jack, Your "coiffures" are fabulous - and you have WAY more hair than Mom did at your age! Keep on motoring! Wish you were here to play in all this beautiful snow! Love, Grammy J.