Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 months old!



Hey there, this is Jack. I know mom usually writes these things, but I wanted to say hello to everyone today. Yesterday I turned 7 months old, which is pretty cool. I have a pretty good set up here in Chicago. Mom and Dad are always playing with me, except when they have to work. But that's okay because when they're gone my nanny Melly takes care of me. Last week she even started taking me to a program a couple days a week where we play with other babies and do all sorts of activities. Melly says I'm the smartest baby by far in the group. We also play at home with my dog Louie. I sometimes like to pat his fur, but the most fun thing to do is poke his eyes and pull on his ears.

I'm not a big fan of tummy time, but sometimes I humor mom and will lay on my tummy for a few minutes. I move my legs a little, but not much seems to happen yet when I do that. Mom says we will have to "watch out" when I start to move my legs enough to crawl, whatever that means.



My arms are getting pretty strong--as you can see in these before and after pictures where I'm doing pushups. I must say, my pushup ability is quite impressive. I can do 10-20 reps at a time.



Besides doing pushups, I can also sit up by myself now. Another trick I like to do is clapping my hands. Mom keeps trying to get a video of me doing it, but I've been able to foil her plans every time.

I've gotten a little better about eating baby foods, and so far I haven't had reactions to anything besides peas. I've tried sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, avocado, and white potatoes. Sweet potatoes are by far my favorite. I thought avocado and white pototoes were incredibly disgusting. Mom says I will eventually like them after I try them lots of times, but I'm not sure if I believe her. Right now I eat baby foods a couple times a day, but I mostly still eat breastmilk. I'm definitely a boob man, and whenever other ladies besides mom hold me, I always check to make sure they have boobs too.

Well, so long everyone. It's been fun writing. Wish me a happy 7-month old birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 7-month old birthday, Jack! We really enjoyed your blog entry - you write even better than Mom, and we thought SHE was doing a fantastic job! Looks like you're getting quite the head of hair, too! And was there ever any QUESTION that you'd be the smartest kid at school?! Love you lots, Grammy and Grampy Jarvis